Thursday, December 14, 2006

film : a perfect world

A perfect world is a film directed by my beloved Clint Eastwood starring Kevin Costner in his best role.

Basically, the film is about the relationship between Butch (Kevin Costner) and Phillip. Butch escaped from the prison of Texas with a guy and both kidnapped a boy called Phillip. And then they start a journey, and the chief Red (Clint Eastwood) follows them. Actually it is almost a road movie.



Volver made me cry after years of drought in my eyes, but I made a river with this film! I didn't cry so hard these years!! As the affection grows between them, the film drops you into the film. It also combines drama with good sense of humor, that is why it is easier to feel near to each character. We can see how they rely on each other and finally find their heart filled emotionally. And our heart do too.

Fatherhood and the nature or origin of criminal minds are also important thematic in the film. I think Clint Eastwood is smart in his description. He's always like that. That's his stamp.

The boy is charming and Costner is in his best. All his haters have to watch this! And special mention to Laura Dern who played Sally. She and Clint made me laugh a lot.

Well I was angry and blamed on me because I missed this film all my life. That's unforgivable!

No comments: