Monday, January 01, 2007

one shot : first sunrise

Japanese tradition of a new year includes contemplating the first sunrise "HATSU HINODE". I haven't done it since the last winter when I was in Japan, it's 7 or 8 years ago (well that day my friends had to wait me for a while because I couldn't wake up). Well this year I decided to follow Japanese tradition although I am in Valencia.

I got up at 7 o'clock (which is unusual) and well, it took some courage actually. Then I went on a bicycle to the beach which is of course the best place as Valencia has its beach in the East. The sunrise was around 8 o'clock but the sky had started to have precious red-yellow-orange color at 7:30. Beautiful sights indeed.

The beach was almost desert but there were few drunken people with good clothes. I mean it's obvious that it was after party. The most surprising thing is that some people got naked and entered to the sea! It's Junuary! Here is not Australia! But maybe I somehow envied them because the water was clear and not that cold. I would have swum as well, if I wasn't alone.

So this is the picture, the first sunrise of the year. I forgot how energic was a sunrise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know anything about that tradition. When I saw your email and the pic I wondered if you'd really taken it yourself or had got it from the Internet! you're a 'caja de sorpresas' ^^
I'll be back in valencia on the 3rd! seeya!

크리스

Quilesk said...

Hey Barcelokorean! :P
Congratulations! You're the first person to leave a comment this year! Actually the 3rd one in all the history of this blog! hehe

There are few more things to do in the new year, I'll tell you when we meet this week.

And I did make that thing with shells and stones but the idea wasn't all mine!

Espero que tengas un feliz año, y que nos aburramos juntos en Valencia muchas veces!