Wednesday, January 03, 2007

person : Melora Walters


It's gonna be self-satisfied post but I don't care much becuase I just can't leave for another day to talk about Melora Walters. My favorite actress. She abnormally attracts me. And today I'm celebrating that I've seen her in a film, but it was a surprise to me because she was uncredited in it. The film is Ridley Scott's Matchstick Men starring Nicolas Cage. She was his ex wife and it was 10 seconds appearance... Shame on the film!!! Well the film was OK, but let's get to the point: Melora!

I am fan of her since I saw Paul Thomas Anderson's Magnolia. She played my beloved Claudia, who has psychological problem and addicted to cocaine. Then I fell in love. It's a disappointing that I haven't seen much of her films, but I'm doing my best. The another Anderson's film Boogie Nights was great as well and Melora Walters was... I can't find words. The best of that good film. She also had small character in Cold Mountain where she took her clothes off for Jude Law. Maybe Butterfly Effect is the latest major film where Melora played more than one minute. And what else... I think those are all the films I've seen. Just five. But Magnolia is enough to fill my mind. I wish she gets a lot of good roles this year, though. I have to see Dead Poets Socierty (her first film) and Ed Wood.

I don't know much about her life. Searching in the internet you can find that she's now 38 years old and she was born in Saudi Arabia. Wow. And she's divorced actor Dylan Walsh (Sean in Nip/Tuck).

She's kind of obsession to me. And I want her to be paid more attention, to be able to work with good directors, like Paul Thomas Anderson who brang her best two times. Because I think she has got very good presence on screen because, although she's beautiful woman, normal pictures of premieres that I've seen weren't just extraordinary. But her acting is. Oh yes, the most important thing is that she does her work pretty good. So people, watch her films for me because I want to talk about her all night long with someone!

No comments: