Wednesday, October 04, 2006

one shot : new mexico

The picture is called New Mexico and the photographer is the Jewish American Garry Winogrand (1928-1984). MoMa did his exhibition in its history. Once I found the picture below in a book and liked it. There's his quote which says
I don't have anything to say in any picture.
So I don't.
My only interest in photography is to see what something looks like as a photograph. I have no preconceptions.

Once a very artistic friend told me that black and white photographs are a kind of trick. Because everything looks beautiful in black and white. It's like easy job. And I think that way as well. So I don't like pictures and films unnecessarily black and white. But what I like I have to admit. And what I don't know is if he were able to take color pictures or not when he took New Mexico. I found just one color picture of him (left), I couldn't find the title. And it's fine, so I guess he's good.

No comments: