Monday, October 02, 2006

sound : aco

She's ACO, a Japanese singer and I love her. Although she had little success in the end of 90's, she's not in the mainstream and she doesn't sell a lot nowadays. Well actually she doesn't release CDs as constant as before and it makes me sad!

My favorite song is this one, 4月のヒーロー(Shigatsuno Hero; the hero of April). I love the song, the lyrics and the video as well. Simple but enjoyable to see her with crazy look! And I like the painting in the back.

The (not very good) translation to the hook is like this:
Baby, now take the hand.
The time remaining today is sufficient, hey.
Baby, swear to this moment.
I don't care if I'm yours.
It's quite hard to translate Japanese into another language. So many differences in the sense of the words. "I don't care if I'm yours" should be like "I don't care if I'm me to you" or something like that but I don't know if that English is correct or not. Whatever...

In the beginning she sang soul and R&B and that kind of music. But later she started to play with dub music, ambient and electronic. Múm produced a song called Machi (Town) and it's precious indeed. That's in her great album Irony. Some people told that that was a wannabe-Björk album. Well it's obvious the influence of Icelandic electronic sound but she digested it to herself and that's all I care. Great album. And great collaboration with Taeji Sawai. His work is wonderful.

She change a lot every time she appear, and it does disappoint some listeners but I enjoy her music whatever the genre. And this is the last song of her, ya-yo!. From the darkness of Irony, to this poppy and non sense song (in good meaning, you know?). It's confusing and it's like, has she broken?! But I do love it. And she looks cute in this (cheep?) video.

it's so hard to write a simple song

Her next project is
Golden Pink Arrow♂.

No comments: