Saturday, September 30, 2006

person : Tadanobu Asano

His name is Tadanobu Asano and I'm follower of him. He's a versatile Japanese actor born in 1973 and he made over 35 films in 16 years. I'm trying to watch his films as much as possible but it's quite hard here in Spain. Besides his films are mostly independent or not commercial. That's one of the reasons why he's so charismatic and cool.

I like his style, his face (the most attractive one to me), his films, also his wife!! She's Chara, she makes pretty good music. My current long hair is partly due to him. I found this picture, he looks so young here!
His work is constant and he did memorable acting in almost every films. For example:

Ichi the Killer (Takashi Miike)

Zatoichi (Takeshi Kitano)


He also participates in few overseas production. He worked with Wong Kar-Wai for commercial spots, Christopher Doyle, etc. Well his latest international film is called Invisible Waves, featured in few festivals.

Here's some pictures of his upcoming film Mongol, directed by Russian filmmaker Sergei Bodrov. His role is Genghis Khan, looks and sounds good! I can't wait because I'm following it like over one year...

No comments: