Sunday, November 12, 2006

film : volver


Pedro Almodóvar's film. Probably this is the best Spanish film I've ever seen. I can't really appreciate Spanish film industry, it's actually boring to me. But this time Pedro Almodóvar looks independent, so his style. I didn't understand the beauty of All about my mother but I did with Talk to her, so I was like doubtful with this one.

This film is about different women of three generations in La Mancha, who live as best as they can. Well, it is not as best as, because sometimes I think Spanish people don't think things too much (which is good) so it's kind of they are living their lives, surviving difficult moments and enjoying what a life can offer them. And suddenly the phantom of the dead mother (1st generation) seems to come back to their lives (2nd generation & 3rd).

It was so emotional, tells or shows you the life is not only about pretty pieces, it hurts too but we've got to carry on. We know it but we rediscover it. And Almodóvar mixed with inner Spanish popular culture, and that matches so good.

The Penelope Cruz's singing scene fills you with emotions. She was fine, Carmen Maura as well, but above all the things, Lola Dueñas was superb.

Oscar? I wouldn't give a damn, in any case this is good piece to me.

When Lola Dueñas said Estoy sola, como siempre...(I'm alone, as always) There is so many good dialogues indeed. I highly recomend it.

No comments: