Monday, November 06, 2006

one shot : Henry Gray, Arizona

I am not sure what I saw in this picture that caught my attention. It was when I started to appreciate USA.

Henry Gray, Arizona by William Albert Allard

I used to blame North American people because of their we're-number-one minds. And also it was cool to hate them, as weak rebel boy. But I understood, I visited US but I didn't need it to realize that usually ordinary Americans are lovely and simple, specially in the countryside, in spite of the governs. It's common to say here that Americans are stupid, well I don't think so, but if they were, so what? Probably nobody is perfect and judging is awful. And probably this beautiful country, that is America, is worthy to be said number one. Oh am I defending it too much?

This photographer dedicated to cover American subjects almost all his career and said
The American West did attract me, I'm sure, because of both the space that affords solitude and the independence of a lot of the individuals out there. Also, to a degree, there's the dedication some of those individuals have for doing things right - even if it might be a simple thing as branding a calf or riding a horse well, but doing it right. And a pretty good code of conduct: honor, integrity, those kinds of things.
So I agree.

No comments: