Friday, November 17, 2006

person : Hugh O'Conor

Some actors can catch one's attention, not doing that breakthrough performance to eclipse other actors but being there to make shine others and themselves. I think that is the case of Hugh O'Conor, a 1975 born Irish actor. Actually I only saw him twice, but both films are enough to recognize his personality in the industry.

In Lasse Hallström's Chocolat, he played a young parish priest. The casting of this film was absolutely interesting, and his role was small but charming one, as he was so good that he was very conditioned by people around. I think this film is the most viewed one of his career.

And recently I've seen Jim Sheridan's My left foot, a film about an Irish author, painter and poet Christy Brown, which stars Daniel Day-Lewis. Hugh O'Conor was young Christy in this film of 1989, so at his 14 years old he was such a talented guy. His appearance was brief but also remarkable.

I wish I was a well known director so I could give him a lot of good roles.

No comments: