Thursday, September 28, 2006

disappearing : 01-plant life of Hawaii

Every independent islands have unique worlds. The more the island recedes from the continent, the more originality exists. And Hawaii islands are in the middle of nowhere. Well, in the middle of huge Pacific Ocean. Far from big grounds.

Sadly Hawaii is known as "the extinction capital of the world". To me it's very sad to know that there's something I can't see anymore with my eyes. I don't know botanic stuff but I like knowing that things do exist. I like seeing a illustration and thinking "this truly exist somewhere in the world". And it seems like there's a lot of plants in danger. Soon we'll see them only in the books, just like mammoths.

Actually I've been in Hawaii islands, concretely in Oahu island. I was maybe 5 years old or something like that, and it was a family travel. It's kind of cheap journey for Japanese. And there's a lot of tourists there (of course) and I guess I took a part of massive tourism which damages the nature. I don't remember much but I had very good time. I love Hawaii, I'll write about it soon.

I researched some through the internet about this problem in Hawaii. There's a lot of elements to mention, because everything is connected to everything. Culture, animal, business, water, tourism, birds... So many things that it's not worthy to talk about it here.

Anyway I wonder if there's any chance to stop all these extinctions caused by the human being, maybe paying more attention to the earth than to the universe. I mean, I love cosmic studies but everyone knows that there's a lot of things we don't know about the earth. Well I'm not scientist and I'm not sure if I can be the one to talk like that, but that's just the way I think, like a lot of people. I know it sounds selfish, because I write these things and the I'm going to sleep like every night without saving Hawaiian plants, you know?


Last two pictures are from my father's second visit to Hawaii. He participated a sort of cycling competition!!

No comments: