Wednesday, September 27, 2006

goods : incense burner

This is a funny and cute incense burner, isn't it? It is a present from my childhood friend's sister, who was and is my sister's very closed friend.


We were neighbors (20m distance) and we four were always playing on the street in front of our houses! We had very happy times then. Oh I really wanna go back to those moments. What a nostalgia!!

Well, this incense burner is from Germany, I guess it's a kind of Germany national item. She came to see my sister when she stayed in that country, but she didn't forget me to bring something from there! She and her family are really nice.

It works like this: you separate the figure in two parts, the legs and the bodies. It's sort of being a anatomist, studying this old guy!! And you put a corn incense above the legs, then let it burn with a lighter and cover again with the body. Thus the smoke appears from the figure's mouth, like he's whiffing a pipe!!

Definitely this souvenir is very nice. I'm very lucky receiving souvenirs, actually I love all of them!

No comments: