Friday, September 15, 2006

travel : Wadi Rum

All right, now let's go somewhere hot! Ice is enough for now, it's time to visit (mentally) somewhere like a desert. How about Middle East?

But why Middle East?

To be honest, I haven't really ever been interested in all that zone. I don't know why but it's like I prefer a forest to a desert, London to Damask, the Buddhist arts to the Islam arts, and so on. I wouldn't even like to go to Egypt.

I was about saying this all my life, but someone has changed me a little bit. Well, a Spanish friend went to Middle East, mainly Syria, for two month. And you know, I was just worried about her because I thought that zone was quite dangerous and besides while she was there Israel started to invade Lebanon. However, fortunately she came back good and told me that it wasn't dangerous at all. She also told me her experiences an sent me few pictures. Have a look at this:


Damn! I want to be there! That's southern Jordan, a desert called Wadi Rum, and do you know what is the most enviable thing she told me? That she stayed a night outside there looking at all the stars and the milky way. That night sky is one of the things I've got to see before I die. I don't mind where but this picture shows me that Wadi Rum is good place to do it, for sure.

That's a great pictures and I was thinking in putting it to be part of a collection "one shot : xxx", but as we two are competing which of us is best photographer, I just can't help her to win the crown!!

No comments: