Monday, September 18, 2006

film : The Royal Tenenbaums

"You Are Invited To A Remarkable Family Gathering"

I love watching films. Genre doesn't matter at all if it's good one. Science fiction, love story, thriller, whatever. But I guess stories about a family and road movies are my weak point. And The Royal Tenenbaums is one of my favorites.

I was shocked with this film. This is a comedy but it isn't a type of "meet the parents" at all, the sense of humour is totally different, The Royal Tenenbaums is a little bit surreal but it's charming.

The story is about Royal (Gene Hackman) who wants his family back after a lot of years, and he's gonna fake like he's very sick. His wife and he have three children, who were genius in their childhood, but now all they've got is frustration. This is just a very short plot. The cast is great, Anjelice Huston, Ben Stiller, Gwyneth Paltrow (her best role), Luke Wilson, Owen Wison, Danny Glover and Bill Murray.

fil

Each character has their own personality and it's a succession of memorable scenes. And that's just two of the best things in the film.

Aaaand this scene is just the best. Awesome. I used to hate Gwyneth but since I saw her here telling him

Stand up straight and let me get a look at you... what's so funny... well it's nice to see you too...

This rocked me.


No comments: