Friday, August 25, 2006

sound : Twista / Hope



I loved this song since the first time I heard it. Since the first time I heard the introduction. I bought Twista's powerful album Kamikaze for just one pound, that's reasonable, isn't it? I bought it in the library where sometimes used CDs were in sale. It's quite good album, but the best song is this one. In his album, the featured artist is not Faith Evans but male musician Cee-Lo and his soft voice matches very much the song and it's relaxing to hear him. This Faith Evans' version is more strong because she is absolutely soulful, she's great. But after all, the best of this song is its track and Twista's rap. The track is heartwarming and the sound of the guitar is so soft... However his rap is aggressive, he raps like a machine-gun (
he was listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the world's fastest rapper), I'll say "my English is perfect" when I understand everything when Twista is rapping. The lyrics are very meaningful as he wrote it in memory of Twin Towers attack. Although that is not my favorite theme, I wish a lot of good things, as he does, although it's like dream. The hook is like that:

Cuz I'm hopeful, yes I am, hopeful for today,
Take this music and use it
Let it take you away,
And be hopeful (hopeful) and he'll make a way
I know it ain't easy but that's okay.
Let's be hopeful!

No comments: