Wednesday, August 30, 2006

travel : Iceland〜pt.3

Reykjavik is the capital of Iceland and the world's most northern one. I heard that Reykjavik is famous for its nightlife, I guess nothing compares to Spanish nightlife but maybe we should give it a try.

I expect this city like a lovely northern town without pollution. And as it concentrates the half population (that's quite a lot) and has history of over ten centuries, well there must be many things to see.

This church is the tallest building.

I think Viking tradition is also interesting. I imagine them like pirates, but also like nomad in the sea, and it's pity that they couldn't keep their values and independent spirit as Mongols did. I would like to read some books of Viking adventures, does anybody know good one?

To end it for today, the food. I'm sure Icelandic cuisine can give us the pleasure of eating, since they use the fresh fish (and lamb) as the main ingredients. It's curious when sometimes we can find out the between two totally different cultures. In the case of Japan and Iceland, they two are island nations formed by volcanic activities, people eat fish a lot, hot springs, etc..

to be continued

No comments: